Monday, November 10, 2014

Six Months Down! (11/10/14)

Wow, what a week. Just like everyone in the family, I had my ups and downs throughout the week but I can say one thing. The atonement of Jesus Christ is real. I felt this peace inside of me during the whole week that I knew that I was going to be okay and that everyone in my family was going to be okay as well. I could literally feel Uncle Al with me. I knows hes watching and hes still with all of us. 

The way I decided to deal with this trial of Uncle Al was work as hard as I can. The truth is, the girls I am living with have a different way of working. They are much more relaxed and are obedient, but not exactly. I felt prompted that I was sent to Dolores to change things. I gained the courage to talk to my companion. I told her we were going to change some things and that it was time to be exactly obedient and more organized because its not our time that we are wasting. She was so wonderful and this week we worked so hard. I was able to literally forget myself, my problems, everything and just emerse myself in the work. There is still SO many things that I need to change about myself and this area but its a start. The truth is, Dolores is a very very hard area. The members believe that the missionaries run the church. The gossip about us and are the farthest thing from supportive. Its so hard. I have been praying and praying as to what to do and nothing has come yet, so I am just going to keep working hard. I know I am here in Dolores for a reason but this sure is the hardest time in my mission so far. 

I had a beautiful opportunity to share my testimony with a woman while we were traveling home from Zone meeting this week. She is an english teacher and she started to speak english with me. It was SO hard to speak english. It doesnt flow. I changed to speaking spanish because it was easier! But, she told me how her sister died of cancer this week. With tears in my eyes, I told her how my uncle died this week of cancer too but I know where he is and that I would love to teach her about where her sister is. She accepted and lives here in Dolores. She isnt in my area so I dont get to teach her but it is amazing how Heavenly Father puts people in our paths. 

This week I had my 6 month mark in the mission. Its so weird to think about how far I have come. My old district leader is now my zone leader and when he heard me talk he told me that he didnt believe it was me because of my progress. I got asked 2 times this week if I am from Spain because my accent! I dont have a lisp like spain so idk whats going on haha. I am realizing just how much heavenly father is blessing me. 

I got the opportunity to teach a family this week about the Restoracion. It was one of the most powerful lessons I have ever had. The whole family said at the end that they could feel that it was true and that the peace they feel is something they have never known. The gospel truly changes everything and I am so thankful for that!

My companion is teaching me how to cook and I can offically cook brazilian food! Its SO good! There are also blackberry trees all over and it happened to be our lunch one day this week. 

RUSSEL M NELSON is coming to speak to our mission on thursday!! I AM so excited!!!

Seeing the picture of all the cousins together was a hard one to see. I miss all of you and am so sad I couldnt be there for the funeral. But, I was there in spirit. Now its time that we all can move forward and remember to always be as happy as Uncle Al. Because, that is exactly what he would want. 

I love each and every one of you. Be strong. And always rely on the atonement! 

Con muchismo amor, 
Hermanita Root

1. There are dead frogs everywhere!
2. 6 months sign from my companions
3. My district
4. My companion Hermana Vasconcellos

5. Blackberries






No comments:

Post a Comment