Monday, July 28, 2014

2 Down...10 to go!! (7/28/14)

Hola hola from Avellaneda! Today is the first day of the 3rd transfer, 10 more to go! This morning I got to thinking of how fast these 6 weeks have gone! I only do this 10 more times and I am home! 

This week has been a great one! Thanks for all the emails, what exciting news! Tara and Teri had their babies, Rivka is home, Parker is going swimming in Cambodia, Bosty is 2, and Nena is the newest Rattlesnake Hunter! haha it is so great to hear from you all! I cant believe that Riv is home, I feel like she just left. Before we know it, that will be me!

Last week I talked about my wonderful investigators who arent progressing! Well, they still arent progressing. We have one, Raul, who KNOWS everything is true but is doing nothing. Its so frustrating. We said that if he doesnt come to Church this week we are going to stop teaching him. We had 3 wonderful lessons with him this week. The spirit was so strong! We explained the importance of attending church and guess what, he didnt show. So this week we get to have a ¨Charla Franka¨ and tell him that we are not going to teach him anymore. I told Hermana Rodas that this is when I am going to pretend to not speak spanish haha. 

Our other investigator, is very very self centered and thinks that her life is awful. We visit a lot of people, people who literally live in huts and this woman lives in a gigantic house with heat and plenty of food but she complains that she doesnt have a job. (Shes never even looked for one!) Its difficult for me to teach and love her! haha but this week we decided to read About Nefi and how his family was commanded to leave all they had in Jerusalem and go into the wilderness. I asked her, how would you feel if God commanded you to leave all you have? Because my question forming in spanish is TERRIBLE I accidently said a command. Leave all you have! haha she looked so confused and was like seriously? haha then Hermana Rodas explained what I meant! I dont know what I would do without her! lol but anyway, we decided this week to focus on our blessings. So we are having her count 5 blessings each night. She said, I dont know if I can do that. I dont think I get 5 blessings each day! and we were like no, you get WAYY more than 5! We are doing it too and it is wonderful! 

We taught a Less active, Teressa. She doesnt have any teeth and doesnt open her mouth when she talks. I didnt understand a word that she said. It was horrible. But, all of a sudden I felt impressed to talk about the power of prayer. So I did. Sentences came to my head and I said them. I dont know how she replied, but I said what I was impressed to say. She started to cry and was truly touched. Hermana Rodas taught her to pray and she said her first prayer since her baptism 8 years ago. It was a moment that I will never forget. I didnt need to understand what she said. I had the spirit and I was able to be an instrument in the hands of God to help her. The gift of tongues is real! 

Also, Family Abachinos didnt go to church again! We were sooo distressed on how to help. We prayed for a way for her to understand. We had a wonderful lesson with her, but it did nothing. The next time we went back, she told us how one night she felt impressed to ask god if she needed to change anything in her life. She recieved an answer to go to church. It was an answer to our prayers! The words we were saying just werent enough. The spirit is the best teacher!!

This week I had my first intercambio! I left the arms of my trainer and went to Quilmes with Hermana Tobar. She is from Chile. All I was told is that my companion was from Chile. Chile does everything fast. Talks fast, walks fast, eats fast! So I was a nervous wreak! But, I jumped off the train and met her and she was wonderful! For intercambios you are with them for 24 hours and then go back with your companion. I understood her perfectly and had no problem communicating with her! We taught 3 lessons and I talked just as much as she did. Afterwards she told me how impressed she was with my spanish and my ability to communicate with these people. She told me how blessed I was to recieve the gift of tongues so fast. This was so humbling for me. I never realized but I sincerely am so blessed with this language. I have SO far to go but I am so blessed. Our last lesson was with a family and the daughter was watching frozen when we walked in. Do you wanna build a snowman was playing and I immedietly got tears in my eyes. I rememebered my last night having a sister sleepover with Sayge and Shaylee and the song made me miss them! But, i got refocused and was just fine! Another thing was that Hermana Tobar forgot to mention that their area was mostly Villas (the hood, GHETTO!) I never have walked so fast in my life. I was scared to death! But, I was just fine. I cannot express just how humble some of these people live. It is mind blowing. 

Now for the hilarious part of the intercambio. In the morning, we woke up at 6:30 and I went to the bathroom. Everything was normal! The bathroom and the bedroom are in one part of the pension adn then the living room is in another part. I shut the door to the bathroom and bedroom area and did my exercise. 30 minutes later, open the door, and I had flooded the WHOLE APARTMENT! Covered all of my foot! Hermana Tobar asked me if I put toilet paper in the toilet and I said yes and she told me how I am never to do that again in Argentina. Everything in the bedroom and bathroom was SOAKED! It was AWFUL!!! But then we cleaned it all up and I was so close to tears but it all worked out! now its hilarious! haha

Grammatical error of the week:
Trying to say Where is my backpack and I said Where is my blood sausage! haha

I got letters on Saturday!! THANK YOU MOM SHAY SAYGE GRANDMA BOSTYN AND The missionaries!! 

This week I had to use my rainboots a lot and my foot is broken I am pretty sure. For about a week it has been in awful pain! I am just waiting for it to wear off! I am walking so cute! we walk around 15 miles a day so now is not the time to have a broken foot! My stomach is also reeping the joys of Argentina! I just keep praying I dont get worms! I might have them though! The joys of foreign lands!!

Today we are going to Walmart!! I am going to blow 50 pesos on one tiny jar of peanut butter and have no regrets! 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! 
FAVOR! Anyone that wants to send me Church (EFY) music on a USB drive, PLEASE DO IT! 

Te amo muchisimo! 
Chau chau! 
Hermana Root 








No comments:

Post a Comment