Monday, October 27, 2014

Roller Coaster Week (10/27/14)

Hola familia y amigos, 
Wow, what a week. This week was a hard one but also a great one. My companion could not leave the house so we were stuck inside for far too long. I got to do some exchanges and leave with the other hermanas so that was good. Dolores is awesome. I love being here.

I am not going to lie. Receiving news of Uncle Al was probably the hardest thing that's happened in a while. Lots of tears and definitely feel extremely far away from home. But, it times like these, I remember that God truly has a plan for us. We are a family and we can be together forever and I know where Uncle Al will be after this life. This life is just the beginning. Now is the time when we all need to be strong and trust the God's timing is better than our own.

On top of feeling extremely homesick this week because we weren't working, I somehow lost my good luck charms. I had a key from Sayge and a horse thing from Anna that I have carried with me EVERYDAY since I left. Today, I discovered that they were gone. Another meltdown! haha life is just too great! Also, there isn't a bank in Dolores and my companions had a problem with their debit cards and so we have no money. There was a point when we had absolutely no food. For dinner one night, we ate my pumpkin pretzels from Sabrina and without them, we would have starved. Last night we were so hungry we had to go and ask our neighbor for eggs. This week really humbled me. Now we have money and we can eat again but for the first time in my life I felt what it was like to really be hungry.

Now for the happy parts of the week! 

1- We have bikes here and the truth is that I love it! My feet are doing so much better and a lot less pain! I love our bikes and they are cruisers too with a basket!

2. There are lightning bugs here and they are SO beautiful!

3. I finished the Book of Mormon and its true. all of it!

4. I am the new Gospel Principals teacher in the branch and the chorister!

5. Allene is on a mission! All the girls of 317 (BYUH) are officially on missions!

We found an amazing investigator this week. her name is Beatrice and she used to be a model. She gained about 60 pounds and now she has depression and wont leave her house. We shared with her just how much heavenly father loves her but she honestly didn't believe it. When I first started the mission, I started to gain weight and I remember writing my mom and saying just how sad I was because I was exercising so much and eating like nothing! I remember getting a letter from my mom and the words she said to me came to mind. I told this woman the same things and she actually started to believe us that she really is special. She invited us back to teach her again this week and I am so excited!

I am ready for this upcoming week and more than anything, I am ready to rely on the atonement. We can't make it through without the help of Christ. I know all will be okay. I just have to keep telling myself that God has a plan.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD TOMORROW!!!

I love each and every one of you. Thanks for your prayers and your love!

Con amor, 
Hermana Root

Photos:
We have a toad infestation!! Its so gross!
My lovely companion and I with her Chicken Pox!
Happy Birthday Daddy!





No comments:

Post a Comment