Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy Labor Day!! (9/1/14)

Hola hola! 
Happy Labor Day, well everyday is a day of labor here but I am so glad to be working this hard. Honestly, this week was difficult. Very difficult, but I am alive and still going!

I dont have too much time this week but I do have good news! BAPTISM!
My investigator Analia got baptized. She is 22 and the girlfriend of a new convert. We have been teaching her for a while and on Saturday was her baptism. We worked so hard to make sure everything was perfect. Usually, not many people attend from the ward but we made invitations and invited everyone! So many people came! It was packed! When I watched her step into the baptism font DYC 19:15 came into my mind. I brought this girl unto Christ. Really it wasnt me, it was the spirit working through me but it was a feeling I cannot describe. She was so happy afterwards. In that moment I was so thankful to be able to teach her and help her truly make this covenant with our Heavenly Father. 

It was FREEZING cold this week. One day I had 7 shirts and 2 pairs of pajamas under my skirt. My poor companion who is from mexico and has never experienced a winter before was DYING! But, we kept working! I really dont know how. Read Realizing your Potential by Richard G. Scott, this was the talk that described my week this week. We had every problem in the world, but saturday night with that Baptism, it all was okay and it all was worth it.

I still am suffering from the wonderful stomach flu. Argentina really is getting the best of me lately! 

We had a wonderful experience with a member this week. We are teaching the restoration to all the members in our area. We ask them how the gospel has blessed their lives. One member said how when she is tired and doesnt want to do the things she is supposed to, her husband always says, Imagine if Christ said he was tired. Imagine if Christ told God, send someone else to do this. Where would we be? This really hit me. I need to work with ALL my strength because God sent me here for a reason and I need to fulfill all that he has sent me here to do. To often we get all caught up in our own necessities and forget what really is important. 

I taught Gospel Principals yesterday all by myself! 45 minutes and EVERYONE UNDERSTOOD! It was a miracle! 

Today our mission leader moved to Capital so it was a sad day. We have become so close to them! Hermano Leo and Hermana Vanessa! They just had a baby boy and he is adorable. It is amazing how I have grown to love these people.

Well, this could be my last week in Avellaneda or not! Transfers are next monday! I will let you know then. 
Thanks for all the emails and love! I dont have much time so if I dont reply, I will next week! 

Les quiero muchisimo! 
Hermana Raiz (Root)

No comments:

Post a Comment