Tuesday, July 28, 2015

HACE FRIO! (6/15/15)

Hola familia! What a wonderful p-day thus far, JACK JOHNSON was playing in the grocery store and its FREEZING COLD and I cooked a SUPER GOOD LUNCH! My companion told me, Wow hermana, puede casarse ahora. (You can now get married )! I cant believe another week has come and gone.

YAYY SAYGE IS PRESIDENTE!! AHHH! Shaylee is the newest lamb herder and I am about to have another nephew!! Make sure you show him pictures of me and let him know his coolest aunt is in Argentina!

My companion and I heard that if you drink eggplant and lemon in the morning you loose weight. So we are on a new eggplant diet hahaha. 

What a wonderful week we have had. The honest truth is that we are working our little bums off but we are running out of resources. We have used EVERY IDEA in preach my gospel and we still have no one to teach. We are talking with everyone and we have ONE PERSON THIS WEEK THAT SAID WE CAN COME BY!! Whooooo!! We went and she accepted a baptism date!!

This week we had exchanges and I was with Hermana Hernandez from Honduras. She is weeks away from ending her mission and she gave me some wonderful advice. I just cannot believe how fast the time is passing. THIS WEDNESDAY IS MY ONE YEAR MARK IN ARGENTINA! AHH!

We have been working so much with the less actives and we are starting to see some fruits! There is a family that is so awesome. The mom is a returned missionary and the dad is a convert. The both are less active. We stopped by at her house the other night and we could tell something was wrong. We asked Hermana Cocenza what happened and she told us that her husband and her were thinking about getting a divorse and how she feels so far from the spirit. I pulled a the ensign out of my backpack and shared a conference talk that told her everything she needed to do. OLA ORAR LEER ASISTIR! (Pray, Read, Attend Church!) These things are so basic but they are CRUCIAL! Long story short, she called us later and told us that she wanted us to come by and teach all the missionary lessons again to their family! MIRACLE OF THE WEEK! SOMEONE WANTS TO LISTEN!

Also, there is a sister that her baby son has been super sick and almost died. We stopped by her house and we shared a quote from Dieter F. Uchtdorf!

"We acknowledge that your path will at times be difficult. But I give you this promise in the name of the Lord: rise up and follow in the footsteps of ouRedeemer and Savior, and one day you will look back and be filled with eternal gratitude that you chose to trust the Atonement and its power to lift you up and give you strength.
My dear friends and brethren, no matter how many times you have slipped or fallen, rise up! Your destiny is a glorious one! Stand tall and walk in the light of there stored gospel of Jesus Christ! You are stronger than you realize. You are more capable than you can imagine. You can do it now!"

And she started to cry and was like thank you so much hermanas! that was just what I needed. So, we may not have investigators and they are going to close our area but we are doing all the Lord needs us to do here in Luis Guillón and we are planting seeds that someday someone will harvest!!

CHAUUUU! Les Amo!!!


1. EGGPLANTS!
2. Hace mucho frió!
3. District Meeting!
4. A member gave me a leather argentina Mate cup! (MOMS FAVORITE THING!)







No comments:

Post a Comment