Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Semana de pruebas! (5/26/15)

Another week down. Wow how fast time is going. This week was difficult. Just like every other thing in life, the mission has its ups and downs. My companion and I are working so hard, trying so hard to be obedient, but the people here just dont want to listen. Its hard training a new missionary when they look up to you, thinking that I know all the answers, but in reality, we are both just as lost! The only way we can make it through hard times like these is to do exactly what the lord asks.

The scriptures really answered all my questions this week. DYC 18 and Jacob 3 and 4, as well as Lucas 15, GOD LOVES US! My mission has not been filled with many investigators, I am not sure why, but I am here for a reason and I am doing what the Lord asks of me and EVENTUALLY the investigators will come.

We started an activity with all the members called the Promise of 21 days. The put a list of 5 names and for 21 days they read a scripture and pray for them and the promise is that in 21 days at least one of the people in the list will be ready to accept the gospel. We are hoping this will help us find investigators because we have applied every suggestion in Preach my Gospel and have contacted the ENTIRE area book, and the people just dont want to listen. The elders are in the area that is more poor and they have over 30 investigators so we are going to maybe start teaching the women. Who knows, we just need to follow the spirit and he will lead us to the people who are prepared.

Theres a lot of negative but here are some positives. 6 less actives were at church and one of the youth told us that because one of the lessons she went to with us, SHES GOING ON A MISSION!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOO!

Sometimes in trials we start to be negative, but I learned this week that the atonement of Jesus Christ really can carry us during the hard times. I was carried during the entire week and I know that I will continue recieving the strength I need if I just keep trying to do what the Lord asks of me.

I love this gospel. i love being a missionary. I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. I will walk and walk and get rejected by every person in this country and I will still be completely happy with my decision to serve. I love my savior and I know that this gospel will bless these people. Today in our district meeting we talked about how important it is that we never fall. Its true, stay strong and depend on our savior! I see all these beautiful people as children of god and I cant help but want to share the gospel with them.

I love you all so much! No pictures today because I forgot my camera but yesterday my companion was feeling super down so she asked my to dye her hair... now shes like blonde. hahahah Rash hair decisions.

Amo este evangelio! Amo Ustedes, y AMO SER UNA MISIONERA!
LES QUIERO!

Hermana Root

No comments:

Post a Comment